Far Cry (dt.): Patch v1.2 verfügbar!
Der lang erwartete Patch v1.2 für Far Cry (dt.) ist endlich verfügbar und kann von der offiziellen Webseite runtergeladen werden. Der Patch bringt unter anderem einige Balancing-Änderungen: Man rennt jetzt 15 Prozent schneller und kann 30 Prozent länger sprinten. Außerdem wurde eine lange Liste von Bugs ausgemerzt:
-buggy, humvee and gunboat can be destroyed with one rocket.
-bigtruck can be destroyed with three rockets.
-buggy and gunboat can be destroyed with 100 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1)
-humvee can be destroyed with 150 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1)
-bigtruck can be destroyed with 500 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1)
-vehicle damage code cleaned and made more consistent.
· If punkbuster is not installed the "punkbuster enable" togglebox will not be disabled
· Fixed a number of serious issues with headshot detection
· Ported a number of sensitive routines into non SDK sources
· Fixed some issues with ladder animations appearing odd to other players
· Added quicksave support for single player (still in process)
· Fixed bug where players name tag didn't show up
· Fixed bug where console would accept letters as variable states
· Fixed a number of ladder related issues
· Fixed error with warning message in connection dialogue
· Fixed a significant number of bugs relating to quicksave (~100 bugs)
· Fixed a connection dialogue error
· Fixed an incorrectly localized HUD message
· Fixed bug with server shutdown dialogue error
· Addressed a number of issues with the server list UI
· Fixed bug causing cancel button to stop working
· Server create sessions are now saved
· Fixed a bug causing game freezes when player joins and player rotates
· Fixed a rendering issue with Radeon 9600 graphics cards
· Fixed Punkbuster crash when switching from punkbuster online server to hosting LAN server
· Fixed issue with punkbuster icon not showing up in the server listing
· Fixed random crash relating to punkbuster server listing info
· Fixed issue with punkbuster refusing connection to a server that is destroyed and then re-hosted
· Fixed a number of crash problems related to punkbuster server creation with non-dedicated servers
· Fixed issue with punkbuster enabled in multiple server profiles
· Disabled e_vegetation_min_size in multiplayer (used as cheat)
· Added optimizations for character effects including invulnerability shader
· Added optimizations for scoreboard performance. Scoreboard no longer updates fields that have not changed
· Fixed issue where radar would not be drawn correctly with certain game type changes
· Fixed framerate issue when player touched assault ammo pickups
· Fixed issue with password protected servers not removing password after restart
· Fixed issue with spectators not being able to hear ambient sounds
· Fixed message printout for multiplayer statistics (was only working with log_verbosity 1, not it works with 0 (default) as well)
· Fixed listplayer on the client (was only working on the server)
· Changed multiplayer scoreboard system for less bandwidth and easier extendibility
· Fixed bug in scoreboard that reported ping incorrectly by a factor of 2. Pings now appear correctly (half the old values). Note: ping is still the same, the output value was inaccurate)
· Fixed check in server/client version check (now you cannot connect to servers with old network code)
· Fixed bug in submitted Punkbuster ID causing random CD Key hash to be generated. Global ID unique to CD keys is now parsed correctly.
· Added MultiplayerUtils:OnChatMessage a script function which is called on the server for every chat message (to enable saving out chats)
· Made several changes to improve network packet scheduling
· Separated multiplayer and single player weapon code better functionality with mod developers and support for changes to MP balance without affecting single player.
· Made a number of changes to multiplayer weapon parameters, outlined below:
All weapons - Increase accuracy while standing still by 25%
Made the medic packs give 50% more health for the engineer class
Reduced rocket launcher clip to 1, no change to lethality.
Increased MP5 damage by 30% with full auto, 50% increase with semi-automatic
Adjusted AG36 damage to head and torso.
Reduced AG36 grenade radius.
Increased OICW accuracy by 30% when zoomed.
Reduced OICW grenade clip to 3 with max carry of 3 in the gun and 3 in reserve
Increased Pancor damage slightly
Reduced P90 damage by 10% and reduced max range by 25%
Increased lethality of mounted weapons.
· Improved detection code for player name tags, fixed issue causing name tags not to appear if crosshair was on arms and legs
· Fixed collision detection on the dedicated server with different arm position because of different weapons. Hit detection is now more accurate.
· The record console variable was makred as protected because it opened up some cheat posibilitiesFixed a bug that sometimes caused players hit by a buggy not to credit the driver with a kill
· Fixed a number of issues with discrepancies between player cameras in 1st and 3rd person
Das für Modifikationen nötige Software Development Kit ist dahingegen noch nicht erschienen.